Contact us to learn why airports, departments of transportation, power companies, solar companies and many more are excited about the switch to a more effective vegetation management program.
Convert to FlightTurf® – the only turfgrass that combines ultra-low maintenance and wildlife deterrence demonstrated through airfield research.
FlightTurf® is a patent-pending, live turfgrass technology that is revolutionizing airfield management.
FlightTurf® is the only ultra-low maintenance grass that has demonstrated wildlife deterrence through airfield research.
FlightTurf® stays short and requires only one mow per year, saving an estimated $800 per acre annually, assuming 22 mows per year.
Plus, wildlife such as geese and deer avoid it and tend to graze elsewhere, resulting in safer conditions at airports – for people and for wildlife.
FlightTurf® meets Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) seeding specifications, Part 139 requirements, FAA Circular Advisories, USDA recommended wildlife control, and industry standard best practices.
- greenhouse gas emissions due to mowing are reduced 95%
- stormwater run-off is reduced due to greater on-site infiltration
- no fertilization or watering is necessary
- airport security and risk exposure is tightened due to fewer mowing crews
- capital equipment costs are reduced.